Friday, February 12, 2010

Sourdough bread

I kill things. Plants mainly, well fish too... they just don't seem to survive our house..well with the exception of on little plant that I can not seem to kill no matter what. It was given to me as a end of the year present the year Rose was born and it is still alive no matter how often I forget to water it. However that all being connfessed I have started a sourdough bread starter. can you start a starter? Anyways. I am hoping to not kill it and start maing some yummy sourdough from it. Who does like sourdough bread toasted in the morning with yummy seedless raspberry jelly on it.. yummmmmm... so today is day 1 I will post pictures daily until it has either died or formed and gone to live in the fridge. It is a simple recipie of 1 cup flour and 1 cup water. you mix them together and allow to ferment on the counter feeding it daily. Good luck to me and now I must run for I must get to moms house before the snow starts again. There is nothing like Alabamaians in the snow. Panic soon follows!

No comments: