Saturday, February 13, 2010

my sourdough journey day 3

Okay today was exciting!! Well Sourdough wise hahaha I have several pictures for you
I'm not sure if I explained the methods or the recipe in my previous posts
1 large non metallic container with a lid
1 cup of warm water
1 cup of flour
add the flour and water into container cover loosely so air can get into container.
Thats it
the next day you pour 1/2 out (or give it away) and then add 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 of water every day until it starts bubbling good. at this point leave it out and use it and continue to feed daily or put it in the fridge and feed it once a week.
 Not to much to be scared of.
So on to today.
This is day 3 where we should start to be able to see some action taking place. However it might take longer depending on where you live.
This is what I saw when I went to feed.

The black arrow is the hooch.. a liquid that is a bit like beer but not so dont drink it ! It is harmless either pour it off or mix it in.

The blue arrow is some of the bubbles we are supposed to be seeing!!

I have a more close up picture.
This is soo exciting we haven't killed it!! Our little mixture is thriving.. I suppose we ought to name it.


This is the close up see the hooch and bubbles?

 This is inside our container. See all the little bubbles? That means our mixture? batter? is growing just as it should!!
Whew! It's a little nerve wracking... can you imagine what's going to happen we we have to eat it?


No comments: