Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Great Strides

okay people. I am saying it now and I expect you to hold me accountable. Are you ready????
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is having the Great Strides 10k on May 2 at 1pm. I am going to run/walk it.
My goal will be to RUN at least part of it. I'm not sure how im going to get my knees ready for this but I have a dr.s appt coming up and you better belive that question is going to come up.  A 10k isn't alot I know but I am there to support a friend and I will do this.
             As some of you know Ms. Kitty has CF. She is one of the nicest and sweetest and most kind hearted people i've ever met. As you know she has been in the hospital for the last 2 1/2 weeks. We've spent so much time together and have really grown close. She is part of our family, crazy that it is :)
If working toward running in a 10k race at least part of the way will help raise money for CF reasearch I am so there. She has to go through so much. Is it so hard for me to give up one afternoon for her? Money is easy to give.. Time, blood and sweat are love.
If you'd like information on Cystic Fibrosis click on the link below.
http://www.cff.org/

No comments: