Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adventures is sourdough day 6

Well Steve turned out GREAT! I think it needs to set out longer and get more sour. But Holy Moly that was a GREAT dough to work with. It was so soft and silky. I let eldest knead the dough for a bit and I had to fight her to be able to get it back. It was so nice. It didn't rise as much as I had hoped it would... i think our house might be a little cool. Because as soon as it hits to oven it exploded much like the King Cake yesterday. Anyways here are the pictures of the bread Steve has turned into so far.
How Pretty!!

We should have let it cool a little longer.. but we didn't
who can resist fresh bread? No one in our house... they start smelling bread and I magically have three girls all staring in the stove going is it done yet? is it now? mommy ? mommy? mommy? is it done?

See what I mean? No one can resist.

No comments: