Wednesday, January 13, 2010

who's da WOMAN?

My brake light has been coming on for a few days, being the mommy and the chauffer of the family this kinda alarmed me. I mentioned it to Big Daddy and got the "oh okay i'll take a look at it" line. So of course I got on the net and googled Honda brake light keeps coming on. Got a list of things to check and how to check them. Yeah I am a Nerd i google just about everything. The largest number of hits I got was to check the brake fluid. You're supposed to check that? huh!! ( i am just joking dad) So I asked Big Daddy to check the brake fluid. Once again got the head pat and the line. I really hate that. I think he does it because I do get mad and do it myself after a few days. I noticed my gas was getting low yesterday so this morning Babygirl and I decided to act like we were boys. We dressed in t-shirt and jeans and pumped our gas, checked the brake fluid and saw it was low so then went to O'Rileys. I tried not to act to much like a girl and look for brake fluid. Did you know auto part stores are not set up like grocery stores? I had to ask for help finding the Honda Preferred DOT3 brake fluid. Babygirl had to get a monster truck cause boys like monster trucks. We went outside and popped the hood and tried for 5 min to get the lid off the brake fluid tank. The parking lot is full of men standing there just looking and laughing at us. Babygirl kept saying I don't think we are very good boys. FINALLY we get the lid off and the fluid in. Take that dumb boys!! Who needs ya anyhow! We debated abotu what to do next.. Finally Babygirl declared that when boys fix cars good they get milkshakes. So we celebrated by going to McD's and getting milkshakes.  I would however like to say This is the south men are supposed to at least offer to help a woman with car trouble ESPECIALLY one with a child. Don't stand there in your nice clothes with your bluetooth and laugh. I'm not going to say what I called them under my breath. That would be un lady like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I normally get you should check ....