Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quitting.. and sticking

Tim and I have quit smoking about a million times now sometimes it's for a week sometimes we have lasted a year. But we have always gone back. Why? I have no earthly idea. This time we (the family) are involved.  The girls and I had a ceremony where we basically torched any smoking stuff we could find and then we each said why smokeing was bad as we threw in ciggretts you may think that sounds a little silly but... if it was your children.. you would understand. So now I am over 24 hours into this. I know this is the toughest time especially since I have caved before. So I am writing until the dire need to get in my car and go to the store in gone. Did I also mention Tim and I are on this healtier lifestyle becuase of his diabeties? So I have also switched to decaff tea and there is no "treats" in the house, so there is a LOT riding on this. We are determinded. I am determined. I can be a good example for my children. I will not let them down. I am constantly praying for healing and guidance. God is funny... when I start getting really bad Baby girl will say just out of no where.."we don't buy cig-wets" "if you do you have to fa-row dem away!" I don't tell her im having cravings thats between God and I. I just think it's amazing that he knows she has such a hold on me and that she and her sisters are a big part of my motivation.  I think I can function now with out trying to dig up spare change. Thanks for listening!!!