Saturday, September 5, 2009

A perfect day

Well Daddy stayed up late last night so I got the brilliant honor of getting up at the crack of dawn with our precious little girls. So what does a Mommy who stayed up to late watching West Wing do for breakfast? She steals Daddy's wallet and takes the girls out for doughnuts of course! Now you really have to understand the place where i take them for doughnuts is sooooooo amazing! Their chocolate cake doughnuts are almost a gift from God. I'm not going to even get started on their Pigs in a Blanket. I avoid going there because I love it so much, but what else are you going to do with two very energetic little girls at 6:30 in the morning? Well after we picked out our chocolate sprinkle doughnuts (the only kind they will eat) and juice we loaded back into the car and debated what we would do next so that Daddy can keep sleeping. The Madison Farmers Market is one of my favorite places in the world. It's small and all the vendors know you and in turn you know where and who handled your food. Tim hates going because I always spend a TON of money on stuff. Today was no diffrent.. well kinda.. I didn't spend a lot. The girls also love the Market and as soon as they see it the clamering for fresh made Blueberry ice cream starts. We start by looking and discussing what to get for dinner and pick out all our yummy veggies for dinner. Then the girls find cupcakes. These were 2.00 a piece chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. OH MY LORD these were the BEST cupcakes I have ever had ... even if they were 2.00 a piece. So after our morning trip we go wake up our Daddy by running and screaming into the house. Anyone who can be woke up my two screaming little girls and still be in a good mood , they are my hero! Well Daddy had some errands to run so he decided to take the girls and give mommy a break. YES SCORE! He had two places to go.. It took him almost 3 hours! How the man does that I will never know. While they were gone I look over recipes for dinner and decide on Burbon marinaded Rib eyes, cooked squash, fresh green beans, and garlic mashed potatoes soooo good!!! Today was one of those days that make you love spending time with your family. Nothing to do and spending time with each other. AND Tim vacumed the living room while I got to take a NAP!! I decided to forgive him for the 3 hour errand run. He is soo perfect. Tomorrow fishing with the girls......

No comments: