Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Wonder Women

Hi my name is Rachael and I'm addidcted to facebook!! I love it facebook it's such a great way to connect with loved ones. As I was going through my list of "friends" the other day it got me thinking about my IRL friends. I recently connected with someone who was a soul mate but when we both had hard times we seperated and then moved and lost touch. I thought about her all the time. I missed her so much that at least once a week I would do a search for her hoping against all odds to find some trace of her. Amazingly a few weeks ago her name popped up. We were able to reconnect and touch eachother once again even from states away. Now I dont make friends easily but it occured to me that the women I do befriend not just women who are friends but FRIENDS, soul mates) are all these amazingly strong Christian women. Each blazing thier own path and touching the world in thier own way. The friends I have made over the years have been few and far between but they are people that I know I can count on being there at a moments notice.. even now when we are seperated a few by minutes but most by days. Friends are amazing gifts from God and all of these women have somehow shaped my views on Christianity. Thier views were varyied but thier love of God and his teachings were not. They helped shape me into the woman I am today. I still struggle with things as do we all.. but I am comforted to realize that even though I have a pictures of my friends and memories we shared I also have a part of them that will be passed through me to my daughters that will help THEM to be Wonder Women of God. It also dawned on me that this is also where my whole don't go to just a ... church go where you feel comfortable comes from. I figgure i am Methodist, lutheran, Penecostal, Baptist, Holiness, and others i can't quite think of right now!

No comments: