Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Censorship vs. Education

hold on while I pull my soapbox out and climb on top....
*squeee*
ah there we go.
Now everyone knows I am a walking contridiction. I have liberal views on a lot of things and conservitave views on others (just dont tell Bigdaddy).
One of the things I feel very strongly about is censorship. I DO NOT belive we should censor a lot things from our kids. I do because I love my husband and he is the head of our household and I respect that.
I belive we should educate them about why certian things are or are not allowed or acceptiable.
BigDaddy does not approve of some of the music I let the kids listen to. I RESPECT that. However I DO NOT LIKE IT. I think that we have and are teaching our children why certin things are not appropriate behavior. We discuss sex, clothing, ect. I try to be a no holds barred mom. There is NOTHING I dont talk to my kids about. Especially eldest. Heck I make her watch 16 and preg so she can understand why having sex before marriage is a bad thing. I just dont think we should censor them.
BigDaddy censored a song that the girls and I like... I admit I did throw a bit (tiny bit) of a temperfit. I turned on the CD player in the car. Luckily it was a mixed CD that I made.. he LOVES this CD. The first song was...Wicked games..skip said very loudly KINKY..Wonderful tonight..skip CHEATING...Queen ..skip they're gay... ect. through most of the CD. His responce I love you baby. haha I'm glad. I think I am a good enough mom to explain why certian things are not right.. but in the mean time i'll respect the MANS censorship.. cause he's my man and i love him. Thank you for listening to my rant.

No comments: