Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goin a little nutty here!

Hi my name is Rachael and I have a high needs baby, 2 school agers, and a teenager. I don't know how in the world to get ANYTHING done!
Supernova wants to be held or in my sightline ALL THE TIME.
Big_Gwrl needs help with reading and addition everyday.
Middlest has to study her spelling words for HOURS and her subtraction everyday.
Eldest needs someone to study with and explain to her how to type reports in certain formats.
Big_daddy needs a loving, caring, nurturing wife who gives HIM attention. 
A healthy dinner must be made nightly, breakfasts must be preped, lunches made. 
The house unpacked and cleaned constantly.
Laundry must be going daily. 
Half of the time I don't know if im coming or going.

Its really hard trying to get things done. I wear the baby and try to get some sort of house work done each day but there is only so much you can do with a fussy screaming baby tied to your chest. especially when it comes to unpacking. I've tried setting him in his bouncer seats for small amounts of time. That doesn't work well. So I end up playing with him on his blanket. I enjoy the fact that my son loves his mommy and always wants to be near her. My heart swells each time he reaches out for me and smiles and alternately breaks when he reaches out for me with tear filled eyes. I know that no one EXPECTS me to have a perfect house and such. But is it so wrong that I expect myself to be able to do it all? A neat house (not perfect), dinner in the oven, happy kids (snort) who sit down and do their homework with mommy while baby plays patiently on his blankie? I know that I will EVENTUALLY settle into a routine in this new area that works for us. I know Supernova won't always want mommy so close so I should enjoy this time and all that blah blah blah stuff. But right now my life is chaos with EVERYONE complaining that there isn't enough of me to go around. How do you guys juggle it all? 

No comments: