Monday, July 18, 2011

ugh really people?!

okay so on one of the forums i follow this lady is complaining because her husband who is a stay at home dad has special needs parents living next door. Apparently he can't watch a 3yr old and look after his parents as well. The running consensus was put the parents in a home and stay at home with your kids! SERIOUSLY??
I am not for putting your parents in a home in the first place. I think if we CAN take care of them we should, there are plenty of resources available to help out. I understand not everyone feels the same way I do, especially in this day and age where money and jobs are tight. But i'm sorry the are my parents and I should be the one to look after them. ( I am not saying my brother and sister are not wanting to or able this is just me in talking about :) )
I don't understand why you couldn't take care of your children and your parents. Is this not how traditionally things were done? Can we not adjust to doing both? My mother raised me that you always take your children with you so that they will learn how to behave and/ or act in certain situations.  Middlest and BigGwrl were brought up with mommies volunteer work, meetings, taking people to dr's appts.  ect. and while they do not always behave the way i wanted them to overall they did behave.It wasn't that hard to juggle my kids and my other responsibilities. Once again i know not everyone feels the same way. I just feel like we were given care over certain things by God and we should do our best to follow that.. guidance... perhaps not the best word but i'm on my soapbox here and not thinking clearly. OH and while we are at it.. Please quit complaining about your in laws people! They are your husbands family!! Do you think it doesn't bother him that you hate his mother and tell EVERYONE about how mean and controlling she is?? I know we don't always get along with family but airing it on Facebook and PUBLIC forums isn't the way to solve your problems. Didn't we all learn that lesson from Carolyn Bourne? Okay I need to find some OREOS now.

No comments: