Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Dang I love you momma sandwich

Today the baby actually a nap so I was able to fry up some bacon for a cool breakfast experiment we are having tomorrow. I promised Eldest we could have BLT's for lunch today and miracle of miracles the baby took an afternoon nap as well so I was able to make them instead of her. I decided to experiment a little and came up with these.
Dang I love you Momma sandwiches

2 slices of bread
Tomato slices
4 slices of bacon - cooked
lettuce
slices of brie cheese
butter
a heavy skillet (not the one you cook in)

 Butter your bread and set one buttered side down in a skillet place brie then bacon, tomato, lettuce, and top with more brie then place your second piece of buttered bread on top. butter side up. Gently place the second skillet on top. Check your sandwich for browning... once browned flip. Allow other side to brown.. keep the skillet on the top to smoosh you sandwich down.
once the second side is browned allow to set then cut ( i found scissors worked best)

No comments: