Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My ragged tag-along bible

A friend made a comment on yesterdays post about my bible that made me laugh and go how well she knows me!!
This is my bible. My constant companion. 
I take it with me everywhere I go. I keep everything important in it. 
I have ultrasound pictures, birth announcements, wedding announcements, funeral announcements..  if it means something special to me it's in my bible.
It's post-it noted, highlighted, underlined and pretty much beat and beat up. 
I think it is absolutely perfect!!
Everything about it means SOMETHING. 
The cover came from a very close friend and every time I see it I think of the biblical discussions we had and how she helped me through the hardest times in my life. My bible is always close because there is ALWAYS something in it that I needed to hear. If we go on a trip it's in my car bag. When we camp it's in the tent.  
To my my bible is a  tangible reminder that God is always close to me.



No comments: